Monday, July 07, 2014

July Game Jam - Besotted

So, for the month of July I am taking a quick break from FIST CHAMPION development in order to whip up a game called Besotted.
What is Besotted?

Besotted Adj. - To be strongly infatuated, as if drunk or possessed.

Besotted is a game about dancing away the demons that plague our character both mentally and physically.

"You can see them too, can't you? These creatures... Little monsters born from Hell Fire: here on earth to do terrible things. It will be okay though! I know the special dance moves that will help keep the baddies at bay! I am broadcasting to you live from my secret base at the community center 24 hours a day to teach you the dances moves that the devil doesn't want you to know!!"

Fight away the demons, or go insane trying...

Right now the game isn't too much to look at, but I'm pretty happy with the amount of progress I've already made. Here's a link to play what I've made so far: http://bit.ly/1k0ib0b

In this quirky little game: you play as a crazy person who has a public access show. He can see demons, and you've got to help him do a series of dances to ward off the vile beasts.

Right now I just have a room with some primitives that you can bounce around. I've also implemented the basic dance inputs: "z,x,c,v" activate them.

Since there will eventually be demons that torment the main character: I've been drawing a lot of funky monsters. It feels so good.


That's all I have for this week, but I hope I've peaked your interest. Let's see what I can accomplish in a month.

No comments: