Monday, April 21, 2014

Sketchy Times and Planning



Wow, it's been a quick minute. What have I been doing since the release of FIST CHAMPION First Playable? Inside Unity: very little. It was time to go back to the design document and clarify a few things, and also time for some more drawing. This move was largely inspired by some wonderful feedback I received from Brandt Andrist, Sam Raymer, Terrana Cliff, Nicholas Rubatino, and Adam Chandler. (All of them awesome people worth checking out if you have a spare moment.)

So, let's break it down what has happened.

 - Cut some characters from Ver. 1.0 for the time being.
 - Revised a few characters
 - Picked the initial 10 characters for Ver. 1.0
 - Selected 10 stages to compliment the 10 characters for Ver. 1.0
 - Began outlining the way a power-up system could work with my game
 - Outlined powerups for all characters
 - Began sketching new environments
 - Completely neglected my blog for a week
 - Will make it up to you some how

If you are like me and like making lists (yeah I'm weird, whatever) then this roster for Ver. 1.0 should tickle your fancy and excite:
  1. Old Man of The Sea - The Ocean
  2. The Pugilist - Carnival Merry-Go-Round
  3. ????
  4. Top Gunner - Fighter Jet
  5. Valkyrie - Valhalla
  6. Rosie The Riveter - Shipyard
  7. Arcade Machine - 80’s Arcade
  8. Prototype Super Robot - Secret Underground Lab
  9. ????
  10. ????
Okay... It is most of the roster. Sorry, but I don't want to spoil the whole thing. I can promise you that there are some really cool things to look forward to. It would also be a good idea to say that this list is not final and may be subject to changes before release.

Make sure you check back in with my blog later this week. I'm going to try to do an art update so you can see a little more of what I am actively working on. I am also open to answering any questions related to my game or games in general. Just know I might use any questions as fodder for future updates.

Until next time...

No comments: