Monday, December 09, 2013

Game Project December - Week 01 (I Need Better Titles For These)



The first week of December has come and gone. I have been allowing myself a little bit of a break, so I haven't gotten as much done on my game as I had previous weeks. But there was still quite a bit of progress. This week was all about art.

What I accomplished:
 - More diffuse!
 - More Normal Maps!
 - Finally working on Prop Modelling
 - Layout sketches for all rooms in the demo dungeon
 - Lists of props needed
 - Wrote some dialogue

What I'm doing this week:
 - More prop modelling
 - Unwrapping and first texture pass
 - Finish Art Pass 01 on full dungeon
 - import all assets into Unity

For the first week of December, I spent time actually fleshing out what I want these rooms to look like. I knew what pieces needed to be in each room, but I hadn't spent any time thinking about what the layout of these rooms would be. Now that I have done some sketch work: everything is much more smooth and I have a plan of attack for my art.

This coming week is a continued effort on my art. More modelling, and more texture work. I want to finish a complete first pass on the environment and then move on to sprite work on Week 03.

On a side note, I want to promote two other projects that have been an immense inspiration for what I've been working on. First: my friend Michael James has been working on a web comic that needs more followers. It's called Aeon Valley and the art and writing is so phenomenal; you might not believe it was all done by one guy.

The second is a game called Paper Sorcerer made by my friend Jesse Gallagher. This game came out at the beginning of this month and he's been working on it for quite some time. If you like good RPG's that only cost $5.00 and have a bitchin' soundtrack... Then you should really already own a copy of this game, because it's right up your alley. If you don't, you kind of dropped the ball on that one, but it's okay: I wont tell anyone if you go out and buy it right now.

Until next week...

No comments: