Monday, December 01, 2014

Besot With Peril

Life has a way of distracting me from the things that I really want. For instance: I haven't been working on my games. Why? By all rights I have had plenty of time to work on them, but I was allowing other things to feel more important, and then I would come home and not feel like doing anything at all. This is bound to happen to us all. Unless you are some superior focus machine dead set on accomplishing your goals no matter what the cost.

Good for you then.

For the rest of us: we let things get in the way because they feel important. I'm here right now though. What have I been working on?

BESOTTED. That's what.

The game is almost finished. Like, for reals. I've made a check list of the last things I need to do before I kick this child out the door screaming. Almost time for my friends to tell me I did a great job, and for complete strangers to bash my work and tell me I suck. It's exciting times.

What is left to be done?

Well, the game play is all in place. It starts, has a beginning, middle, and end. It can be played through and it doesn't look terrible. Hooray!

The ending needs to be polished. There are a few very specific things I would like to happen at the end of the game before I am ready to release. Those are mostly sequential events and will only take a few days to implement in a fashion that I would like.

The game was missing some personality. The music is great, the visuals are good, but it needed a little more oomph to sell me. It needed a voice. I got the best voice I think I could. Nicholas Rubatino stepped up to the plate to give this game a narrator. Give it a listen:


 Other than those two things: there are just a few more clean up tasques remaining to be checked off. Then this beautiful buggy monster is going to be pushed out for all to bear witness and testify.

BE PREPARED. Besotted is coming soon.

No comments: