Tuesday, December 31, 2013

End of The Year, And What Have I Done?

A page of sketches that I did for kitchen props.
So this is the last day of the year, and I find myself looking at what I accomplished in two months on my project. Honestly I wish I could have accomplished more, but I also am aware that this is my very first project on my own, and it is going to take longer than I think in all aspects. I kept up the effort, and that's what matters to me right now.

MOVING FORWARD...

This project remains a part-time endeavor for me. I am working 30-40 hours a week for Starbucks, and I've been kind of loosy-goosey about the amount of time I spend on the game. This should change. It is time that I take the advice that is so often given to me and create a weekly schedule that I can stick to.

This should be my New Years Resolution. I am going to make a weekly schedule that is doable, and stick to it.

So what have I done this month for my game?

This whole month has been consumed by art. I've done a whole pile of concepting, modeling, texturing, and writing. The biggest hurdle of this project is that I keep wanting it to be perfect on the first pass, and too much time is wasted on details when I should be focusing more on the whole project.

What's next?

In the next week, I want to spend some serious time working on scripting. There are three different types of doors that I need for this dungeon: Trigger Activated, Locked, and Explodable. In order to complete this dungeon, all three must be executed.

Also, I need to spend some time on the character, and begin research on dialog boxes. This should be fun/grueling.

Look out January, here I come!

No comments: