Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Adventure Quest!

I was recently given the task of creating a piece of advertising for a fake product. Most people I knew were using it as an opportunity to make a movie poster. I couldn't help but go back to my roots yet again. ADVENTURE QUEST!!!


What if a company in the 1980's had wanted to make a rip off of Zelda in order to make some money off of it's popularity at the time?

I would like to point out that I had to completely recreate the Nintendo SoC and Action Series branding.

Here are some pieces of process work:

The Original Concepts. It was decided pretty early on to go with the Sprite Art Retro feel.
Some sketches that ended up being the focus of my project.
The sprite sheet I made for everything when all was said and done. 

I had another task to make a commercial for a non-existent product. Well, what the heck? I just created this whole pile of sprites for Adventure Quest... Why not create a whole freaking trailer for the game?



Honestly, I would really like to make a few more of these. It kind of makes me wish I had been making art for video games in the 1980's. Luckily there is a bit of a resurgence in demand for this kind of art. Now if I could just find a studio that's looking for it.

No comments: