Monday, June 23, 2014

Menus, UI, and Choice

So, I've been dragging my feet with updating the Stage Select portion of my game to make it actually function. For first playable, it was literally a screenshot of the UI with nothing but functionality to start the match, or go back to the previous screen.

I just spent the entire day putting the actual thing together, and I must say that it functions like a dream now.


Part of the reason I took so long to put it together is that I was hoping for Unity 4.6 to come out sooner. 4.6 is going to introduce a completely revamped UI system that would have made all of my UI and menu work so much easier and streamlined. However, since I don't plan on waiting for Unity to update before I deliver the next release, I decided to take the initiative.

Next up: the Options screen and the Character Select screen. Of course, this means that I will have to add some more characters... Sounds like a plan. ;)

See you Wednesday.

No comments: