Monday, March 24, 2014

Chilling With A Cold

This sickness may have weakened my immune system, but but not my pun-lust. I am really not sure if any cold could. Illness can, however, slow down progress on FIST CHAMPION. I've been trying to work all day, and all I really have to show for it is one mildly bitchin' Stage Select screen that is a total riff on my love for the NES era of gaming.
It looks less impressive without anything animating on top of it, but trust me: this sucker is going to flicker with all sorts of goodness when you see it in game.

This week I also finally overcame my old Scripting nemesis: the LERP. A LERP is a function inside of Unity that allows an object to Interpolate between two states. For example: it can make a cube move across the screen over a span of time, or make the color of a light transition smoothly from red to green at the push of a button. The LERP was a thorn in my side while working on Adventure Quest, and it became a nuisance here as well. I finally figured out what the problem was, though. Rather than calling a variable that holds the position of the object I am trying to move, I should actually be calling the object itself so that the position information can update over the course of the LERP. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but I promise you i can now make objects randomly move across screens like drunk people leaving a bar after last call.

Speaking of drunk people, I am afraid that this cold medicine has left me a little wiggly; I'm sorry if this post has made less sense than they normally do. If it actually made more sense: I don't know what to tell you, because I'm not about to pick up drinking Day-Quil as a writing aid.

Until Next Week...

No comments: